This policy applies to information held about clients and prospective clients, suppliers and prospective suppliers, contacts and all other persons about whom we hold information. By ‘information,’ we mean personal information about you that we may collect, use, share and store.
In this policy, “we,” “us,” “our” and “ours” means Antiquitatum (UK) Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with No. 12886837 , registered office 13 High Street, Kenilworth, Warwickshire CV8 1LY and “you” means the individual to whom the information relates. We are the data controller, and we operate our website www. a-uk.co.uk.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and store the following types of information about you when you are on our site or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail). This includes information you provide when registering to use our sites or sharing any data via our social media functions. The information given to us may include:
• your name
• your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number
• your payment details / financial data i.e. your bank name, account number and sort code
• when browsing our site, your IP address, your browser type and language
• information about you that you give us in person at the events and fairs we attend or by filling in forms on our digital platforms.
• information in relation to your purchase of our goods and services.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
You may give us your information by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, on social media or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
• visit us at our workshops or fairs
• your purchase of any of our goods or services
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
Our processing of your personal information is necessary (i) for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; (ii) in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject; or (iii) for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts.
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are:
• collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient customer experience
• running our business in a compliant and legal manner
• to make sure you receive updated information on our goods, services and activities
• to provide the goods and services that you have requested
• for our own marketing, research and development purpose.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information to:
• provide information about our goods and services to you
• keep you informed about our goods, services and events that we think you may find interesting
• carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us
• communicate with you
• administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
• help keep our site safe and secure
• comply with legal and regulatory obligations
• check your identity for security.
WILL WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
The personal information you provide to us may be shared with the following categories of companies if this is necessary to provide you with our goods and services:
• service providers
• affiliated companies.
We may also share your personal information with:
• law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so; and
• other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
At any time, you have the right:
• to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate
• to ask us to erase your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it
• to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent)
• to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section
• to restrict processing of your personal data
• to data portability (moving some of your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances
• to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances
• to not be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where you are one of our clients or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing we may use your personal information to send you information about our goods, services and the fairs we attend.
However, we will action any opt-out request in writing from you without delay by emailing:
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications, we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out from marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. The “Help” or “Internet Settings” functions within your browser should tell you how. Please be aware that if you select to refuse or restrict cookies you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our site in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes; these cookies cannot be used to identify individuals. If you link to other web sites, please review the privacy policies posted at those sites. Cookie/Tracking Technology. The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customise the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties. Commitment to Data Security Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Certain features of our site will allow for social networking. You should ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be sent, collected or used by other users, such as profile details or e-mail address.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline.
CHILDREN UNDER 14
We do not intentionally collect any information on children under 14 years of age. We will undertake to delete any details of such users where a parent or guardian has notified us that any such details have been obtained.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
This policy was last updated on 19 September 2020.